Below are our currently open positions at Morning Star. If you see a position you are interested in applying for, please fill out our application (with resume attached) and a member of our team will reach out to you.
Morning Star Village Assisted Living Community is currently looking for a 3rd shift Full-Time & a 2nd shift Part-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) to provide nursing care and medication administration to our assisted living residents.
Qualified candidates must possess a current LPN or RN license in the state of Illinois and in good standing with the Department of Professional Regulation, as well as be CPR certified. Experience with assisted living is a plus, but not required.
Morning Star Village is looking for an energetic, customer service oriented wait staff employee to serve restaurant-style meals to our residents.
- Ensure complete preparation of dining room area for each meal period, including but not limited to: place table settings, set up bus carts, prepare beverages, fill butters, creams, bread basket, and various special needs according to situation.
- Serve all residents and guests meals and beverages ensuring the highest level of customer service and hospitality possible.
- Display an attitude of warmth, personal interest, and caring to residents in order to positively affect the atmosphere of Morning Star Village.
- Treat each resident with courtesy, respect, and dignity.
- Clean and restock all food service areas according to established departmental guidelines while respecting the privacy of the residents and guests in the dining room.
If you enjoy working with others and feel rewarded by helping people, this may be the right fit for you! Please click on the link below to apply or stop by our community to drop off your resume and application!
Job Types: Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY: Provide quality nursing care to residents. Assist residents with the activities of daily living as specified on individualized resident care plans and assignment sheets according to established policies, procedures and objectives of the facility. Facilitates structured social/leisure activities according to daily schedule.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified as C.N.A. in the State of Illinois or able to be certified within 120 days.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Safely lifts and transfers residents weighing an average of 100 pounds, with or without assistance, on a frequent basis.
- Pushes residents in wheelchairs and to various areas in the facility.
- Frequently twists, stoops, bends, squats, kneels and reached above or below shoulder height.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs on both feet for an entire 8 hour day.
- Frequently lifts and carries equipment and supplies weighing 25 pounds.
- Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents and co-workers.
POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS:
This position is a Category I position. Tasks may involve exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue, requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Gloves should be worn for any contact with blood or body fluids/tissue. Gowns and masks or eye coverings may be needed if it is likely that soiling of clothing or splattering of blood may occur.
POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO WORKPLACE VIOLENCE:
Category 4: High risk. Tasks that have a high possibility of coming into contact with a violent person or situation but employment may require performing unplanned category 4 tasks. The normal work routine involves a very high possibility of coming into contact with a violent person or situation at least once per shift, if not more often however, contact or potential contact at some time may be required as a condition of employment.
- Frequent exposure to blood/body fluids as required to perform personal care for residents.
- Continuous exposure to hazardous chemicals such as disinfectants, cleansers, soap, etc. as identified by the facility’s MSDS manual.
- Continuous exposure to latex, tyvex, plastic and/or materials which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Frequent exposure to unpleasant odors as related to care of incontinent residents.
- Some exposure to wet floors.
- Frequent exposure to injuries associated with lifting.
The Resident Assistant is accountable to Morning Star Village’s Health Services Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF RESIDENT ASSISTANT:
- Performs and documents resident care delivery as specified on care plans, individualized assignments, bath schedules, nutrition, ambulation schedules, etc.
- Monitors and meets resident needs consistent with quality nursing procedures such as bathing, transferring, eating assistance, etc.
- Observes and reports physical and/or behavioral changes in residents..
- Reports observations and suggestions promptly, accurately and precisely.
- Properly uses and cares for equipment and supplies.
- Works cooperatively and productively with co-workers.
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to emergencies involving resident and co-worker safety.
- Makes beds as assigned.
- Assists in orienting residents to the facility environment and routines upon admission and as needed throughout their stay.
- Receives shift report from prior shifts on a timely basis.
- Answers all call lights and resident requests in a timely manner.
- Helps maintain neatness and orderliness of resident rooms, utility rooms and common areas.(Activity rooms)
- Helps keep resident belongings and equipment clean.
- Asks for assistance and provides assistance for transfers involving two or more staff.
- Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
- Will perform all other duties as assigned to ensure the health, safety and well being of the residents
- Performs tasks in a manner consistent with system values as defined by the Morning Star Village Mission Statement.
- Adhere to Federal and State regulations governing assisted living.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed appearance and adhere to the dress code of the position.
- Comply with Infection Control guidelines and follow Universal Precautions and isolation procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of Morning Star Village’s fire and safety procedures.
- Project a positive image when dealing with residents, co-workers, families and the public.
- Attend all mandatory in-services.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and other departments.
- Performs tasks in accordance with approved policies and procedures and within quality standards used by each department.
This description is intended to be a general statement about this job and not to be considered a detailed assignment. It may be modified by Morning Star Village to adjust for necessary changes.
If you are interested in any of the above open positions, please click the button below to fill out our online application and specify which position you are interested in.