Below are our currently open positions at Morning Star. If you see a position you are interested in applying for, please fill out our application (with resume attached) and a member of our team will reach out to you.
Please contact us for more information and shift availability.
Morning Star Village, an assisted living community, is looking for a Director of Nursing to join our team. The Director of Nursing will organize and oversee all nursing operations of the facility and ensure compassionate care to our residents. The Director of Nursing will create a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention to quality standards and policies. The ideal candidate should be a hard-working and compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) who has developed his/her managerial and administrative skills. The goal is to foster a teamwork environment. This position will work 3 days a week as the Director of Nursing and 2 evenings a week as the 2nd shift floor nurse.
** Must be vaccinated for Covid-19 **
- Conduct assessment of new/prospective residents
- Establish residents’ individualized Service Plans and semi-annually, or as resident’s condition changes, update resident Service Plans
- Direct, oversee and evaluate all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LPN, Aides)
- Scheduling for Nursing Department
- Guide staffing procedures
- Set objectives and long-term goals for the nursing department
- Organize and coordinate admissions, nursing and resident care procedures
- Develop and enforce policies with legal compliance and high-quality standards
- Control budgets and monitor expenditures
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
- Collaborate with other departments and professionals to streamline operations
- Report to upper management
- On Call
- Experience as a manager in Assisted Living or Long-Term Care
- In-depth knowledge of patient care
- Understanding of basic budgeting and financial reporting
- Great knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare
- Willingness to keep apprised of changing standards in assisted living
- Excellent ability to lead and develop personnel
- Great communication and people skills
- Outstanding organizational and stress management skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- A college degree in Nursing along with an unrestricted Illinois Nursing license
If you are interested in any of the above open positions, please click the button below to fill out our online application and specify which position you are interested in.